Friday, March 25, 2011

In my other life...

Do you ever daydream about what you would do with your life, if you had it to do all over again?

I have decided that, in my other life, I would be three things:


image credit


A Lactiation Consultant



image credit


And a Childbirth Educator


image credit

So, why don't I just go for it?

Well, money, for one thing - being certified for any one of these things, much less all three of them, costs some money. Then there's the time involved - all three include a pretty significant time commitment for training, apprenticeship, clinical hours, etc. Then there's the issue of starting up a business and/or building a clientele for yourself.

Honestly, I never had any idea this was something I was so interested in until I went through the process of having a child myself. All of the sudden, a whole new world was opened up to me that I never really knew existed before. I've become a birth junkie - following all sorts of issues related to childbirth, breastfeeding, etc. Unfortunately, I didn't figure this out until I was 30 years old and a working mother to a very active little boy! And right now, I just don't have the time or the money to start a whole new career.

So for now, I'll just stick to daydreaming about what could've been...

1 comments:

Amy, queen of the world. said...

I think you would be awesome at those jobs! I would like to do those things too... Childbirth and breastfeeding are such neat things!

Post a Comment