Thursday, September 29, 2011

I just had to see you

Yesterday, on the way to work, a song came on that reminded me of you.

This happens quite a bit.  Usually I smile, and think of the good times we had.

But yesterday was different.  Yesterday I felt nothing but sadness.  Yesterday I missed you so badly, I just had to see you.

But I had work to do.  So I worked.  I busied myself with small projects that didn't require much thinking...because my brain was still missing you.

I made it past lunchtime, and I just couldn't take it anymore.  So I got in the car, and I took off.

I drove for 20 minutes, headed south towards the rolling hills.  I pulled off the highway, and drove some more.  Then I saw the massive brick gates that greet me at your front door.



And that's when the tears came.

I drove slowly down the main road, until I came to Columbarium B.  I pulled over, and slowly I walked to your spot.  I sat down in front of you, and we talked.  Mostly, I cried.

How is it possible that you've been gone almost two years?

I miss you, Wayne.  I love you.

1 comments:

Amy, queen of the world. said...

:( I'm sorry, girl. I know your heart still hurts and misses him. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment