Friday, January 9, 2009

My First Meme!


Okay, so in my intro post, just one down, I mentioned that my good friend/fellow blogger Smash had tagged me on her blog. This was her attempt to get me, the freshman blogger, to start posting. Obviously it worked!

Apparently a survey is also called a meme (?)...not going to worry myself over that too much, just going to answer the questions!





The book that’s been on your shelves the longest: Oh gosh...I think that'd be a toss-up between several of my children's books. My mom was a children's librarian when I was a wee one, so I was showered with the best in kiddy lit...sometimes autographed by the author. Since I don't know which one is the oldest, I'll just go with my favorite - Pecos Bill by Steven Kellogg. The autograph inside is awesome - it says "To Courtney" and includes a freehand sketch of a longhorn.



Come to think of it, it's really a toss-up between that and his version of Chicken Little, which he autographed with a drawing of Chicken Little.
















A book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time, etc.): The Mozart Season by Virginia Euwer Wolff

This was one of my favorite books as a pre-teen. I was just discovering my love of music, and I can't begin to describe how reading about young Allegra entering a violin competition inspired me. I read it over and over and over again.















A book you acquired in some interesting way (gift, serendipity in a used bookstore, prize, etc.): I bought a copy of The Rough Guide to Pregnancy & Birth by Kaz Cooke for a dollar at The Strand bookstore in NYC while on our honeymoon. It was on a shelf outside the store, and I really couldn't turn it down for a dollar. It's a British book, so that's kinda cool. And it went with us to Blue Man Group, so that's pretty fun too.

A book that’s been with you to the most places: I'm gonna go with my literature textbook from college. I bought it in Lubbock, and it's moved to Arlington, a couple of apartments in Commerce, back to Arlington, then to three different places in Dallas with me.

The most recent addition to your shelves: See two questions above, the British book.


A bonus book that you want to talk about but doesn’t fit into the other questions: My German textbook from college...just cuz I think it's cool, and I really wish I could've actually finished learning German. I've had two aborted efforts to learn German...I started in 9th grade, but then transferred schools the next year, and couldn't continue. Then I picked up German and was going to make it my minor in college...but that effort didn't work either, when I transferred to Texas A&M-Commerce. Alas and alack...

0 comments:

Post a Comment