Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Weather is not that bad, people!

I just spent 30 minutes - the entirety of my morning workout - watching WFAA Channel 8 (our local ABC affiliate) talk about the weather. "Ice Storm", they called it. By about 15 minutes in, it became a game. How long could they possibly spend talking about the weather? Apparently, an entire 6:00 AM newscast. I am just amazed at what we call news here in North Texas. Schools are actually closed today - lots of them. And they're predicting we may get 0.5" of ice. Maybe. Probably closer to 0.1" across most of the Metroplex. That does not warrant a snow day! People in the North would laugh at us. We were in NYC in December, during a REAL snow storm, and people just bundled up and went about their business.

Okay, I'll step off the soapbox now and tell you about something a little more fun. Today is my stepdad's birthday! Happy Birthday, Wayne! On Sunday, Branden and I met my parents at Joe's Crab Shack for dinner, and a good time was had by all! I'm really fortunate that a)my parents live so close and b)I'm close with them. I can actually say that we're friends with my parents, and that makes me really happy.

My parents split a steampot (one of those pots full of steamed crab and potatoes and corn and whatnot), and Branden had one for himself. Before they brought out the steampots, the waitress tied bibs on each of them...so I just had to take pics!














This is Branden's new "I'm hungry, bring me my food" look. He started this one at Rolf's on our honeymoon, and is now convinced that all restaurant pics of him should look this way. Oh well...at least it's not his patented "thumbs-up" look that he used to use in every. single. picture.






I don't have much else to say at the moment, and I'm running behind getting ready...so I'll leave you with a couple more pictures from Sunday's birthday dinner.

My super-cute parents:

















Our attempts at a good picture...maybe if you combined the two. :-/













1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pics are priceless...lol! Pass on a happy birthday to him from me as well!----Amy

Post a Comment