Friday, March 20, 2009

TGIF!

I don't have anything specific to talk about, so I just thought I'd give a general wrap-up of what's been going on lately and what's to come.

  • Branden tried to keep me away from the Cinnamon Toast Crunch this morning by putting it on top of the kitchen cabinet. Not cool, man. Not cool. I got it down with the help of a chair...and then I decided to eat Honey Nut Cheerios instead anyway.
  • Work's been weird quiet lately with most of upper management and lots of other people gone for Spring Break.
  • Kidd Kraddick is also on Spring Break, and I skipped the "best of" the first few days, until I realized that hearing those voices in the morning as I'm getting ready helps me start my day. So yesterday and today I listened, and it made my days start off much better!
  • Branden's been off from class this week...and two nights I've left him alone to fend for himself. Tuesday I went to the Dallas Wind Symphony concert (which was wonderful!), and Wednesday I had dinner with friends (which was also wonderful!).

Weekend Plans - I am so excited about tomorrow, it's not even funny. I'm thinking I might need to get less excited just so the day can live up to my expectations. Branden and I are going to Fort Worth to hang out at the dog show with his parents, who are in town showing their basset hound Annie. Branden's best friend Pete is coming along with us. Pete's always good for a laugh. Then we're all going to meet my parents at Loyd Park for a joint family cookout. I'm silly excited about it all. I love family time, and I love dog shows - so when you put them all together, I'm a happy camper!

Adding to the excitement, I found out this morning that there will be a celebrity dog at the "Meet the Breed" area tomorrow - Stump, this year's 10-year-old Westminster winner, who came out of retirement to take the big prize. Here's a picture of Stump, a Sussex Spaniel:












What a cutie! I'm gonna see if I can get a picture with him, even if I get laughed at.

I'm ready for the work day to be OVER so I can start my weekend. I've got a cheesy chicken bake cooking in the crock pot right now, and I'm looking forward to having that for dinner. I'll post a review, along with the recipe, later on. Hope everyone else has a good weekend too!

1 comments:

Christina T said...

I hope you get a picture with Stump! Enjoy your weekend. It sounds like it's going to be a fun one!

Post a Comment